Features of the Learning Programmes
In Antonia, we develop all our academic programmes based on the Early Years Foundation Stage framework. We keep in mind the change in needs and development of young children with close reference to the guidelines of the EYFS. We ensure that our programmes are executed and assessed according to these world recognized British national standards.
What is Early Years Foundation Stage?
- It sets standards for the development, learning and care of children from birth to five years old
- EYFS Profile is used for ongoing observation and assessment throughout the year
- EYFS uses seven areas of learning; three prime and four specific areas.
Personal, Social and Emotional
Communication and Language
Understanding the World
Expressive Art and Design
How is EYFS being taught?
The EYFS Curriculum identifies three characteristics of effective learning:
- Playing and Exploring: Engagement
- Active Learning: Motivation
- Creating and Thinking Critically: Thinking
Learning and teaching within the EYFS framework, we aim to develop children into a fully-rounded individual who are ready for Primary School upon graduation.
The areas of learning from the Nursery Programme to K3 are:
- Theme–based reading and writing in both English and Chinese
- English and Chinese Vocabulary and English Sight-words
- English Phonics
- Mathematics in English and Chinese
- Physical Education
- Art and Music